PHOTOGRAPHY CINEMATOGRAPHY TRAINING | JWORLD ACADEMYSeptember 12, 2019
STUDIO BOOKING – JWORLD NTERTAINMENTSeptember 17, 2019
QUALITIES OF A GOOD FILM DIRECTOR
Most times we watch movies without thinking about what made it so interesting. We often neglect the hard work of the “brains” behind the movie. A film director needs to also be given credit, just as we give to the actors. They manage everything from the camera angles to lighting and set design. Often directors also help with finance, editing and writing of the films they direct.
A film director interprets script, then translates that interpretation into a film. To be a good director, it is important to have some outstanding qualities and they are:
1. Good Vision: As a good film director, you need to be able to “see beyond the ordinary”. This means you should know how the story unfolds before it even happens. You should be able to visualize the final product even when no one knows what will happen.
2. Creativity: A good film director has to be creative. When you are creative, you works stands out. From the script, to the cast and every bit of magic that makes the film a success.
3. Good Communication Skills: Communication makes a group work more effective. Therefore in a movie set, the director has to give instructions to actors, the technical crew e.t.c. so as to achieve the common goal.
4. Good Management Skills: Human beings most times can be difficult to handle. There might be arguments and quarrels but as a director it is your responsibility to put the house in order. You need to know when to be authoritative, jovial or decisive. You should also be ready to listen to others and take corrections when necessary.
5. Work Under Pressure: A good film director should be able to work under pressure. Sometimes, things might not go as planned, it is important to keep calm and keep a cool head.
6. Confidence: You need to be confident in yourself to achieve success in anything in life. It is normal to have doubts or worries about the movie but you need to be confident that you’ll make it work. If you don’t believe in yourself your actors or crew members won’t either.
7. Know Your Industry: As a good film director, you need to the ins-and-outs of the movie industry very well. It is important to know the structure and how everything works in the industry.
Therefore as a film director, you need to have these qualities to be able to go far in the industry. Try to possess these qualities and be sure to experience some good changes!